Express Passport
Talk With A Passport Specialist
Facebook for Express Passport Twitter for Express Passport
Express Passport is officially authorized by the United States Department of State to expediate your passport

Frequently Asked Questions about Passports

Frequently Asked Questions for

Click on question to find an answer.

Is a legitimate company?
Since 2008, is Government Registered and has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau. is also a member of (ASTA) the American Society of Travel Agents.
What are the Government Fees?
The Government Fees are the U S Department of States cost to process and produce a U S Passport for U S citizens. Government Fees are price specific to the type of passport application; (Example: Adult Passport $170.00, Child Passport $140.00, Name Change $60.00 for a passport issued for less than 1 year, $170.00 if issued over 1 year.

Expresspassport's fees are strictly for the Expediting of a U S Passport only, they do not include the government fees. All checks or money orders are to be made payable to " U S Department of State" with no abbreviations. This check or money order is to be included and sent with all of the documents provides for you in an easy to follow checklist, which is application specific to each clients service.
What is a passport?
A United States passport is an internationally recognized travel document attesting to the identity and nationality of the bearer. Basically, it is a request on the part of the issuing government that officials of foreign governments permit the bearer to travel to and in their territories and to afford them all lawful aid and protection.
What is a passport card?
The passport card is the wallet-size travel document that can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card provides a less expensive, smaller, and convenient alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or by sea.
How does your service work?
We have "slots" with the U.S. Department of State and registered couriers that enables our company to expedite passport applications. Our couriers "hand carry" your passport application and submit it to the passport agency for processing. Once the application is processed, we Fed ex your passport back to you along with your original birth certificate or expired passport.
How fast can you get your passport back?
You can get a passport in as little as 24 hours from the time we receive your documents- possible sooner depending on where you live or are willing to travel to pick it up in person. We also offer a "fly back" service when possible for a same day delivery.We also offer a 2 day service, 3-4 day service, 5-7 day service and 8-10 day service.
Do I get my old passport back when I renew it?
Yes, your old, canceled passport is returned to you. It should be kept in a safe place since it can be used as proof of your U.S. citizenship. If it is badly damaged or mutilated then it may not be returned.
What is an acceptance agent?
Acceptance agents are authorized by the government to witness the signing of your DS-11 application and initiate its execution. They are generally located at Federal offices such as Post Offices, Court Houses and some Libraries. Acceptance agencies are not notaries. Some require appointments, their hours vary and some are even open on Saturdays.
I don't have an official copy of a US Birth Certificate, do I need one?
Yes, you will need an official copy of your birth certificate (with the raised state seal) in order to process your passport. An old passport or naturalization certificate can also be used. You will get it back with your new passport. Your local state office should have your birth certificate on file. Otherwise, the National Center for Health Center Statistics may be able to help in locating your birth certificate You do NOT need a birth certificate for a renewal or to add pages.
How long is a passport valid and when should I renew it?

If you were over age 16 when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 10 years.

If you were age 15 or younger when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 5 years.

The Issue Date of your passport can be found on the data page of your Passport Book or on the front of your Passport Card.

If possible, you should renew your passport approximately nine (9) months before it expires. Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six (6) months beyond the dates of your trip. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met.

If you were 16 or older when the passport was issued, then your passport is valid for 10 Years and can be renewed. If you were 15 or younger when the passport was issued, then your passport is valid for 5 Years and cannot be renewed.

What do I do if my passport is lost, stolen, or mutilated?
You will have to fill out a DS-64, indicating that your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated. Be sure to bring new passport photos and official copy of your birth certificate to the acceptance agent. Note: Many acceptance agents have the capacity to take a passport photo.
Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?
As of January 23, 2007 all AIR travel to and from Mexico and Canada requires a US Passport. Land or sea travel does not require a US Passport yet, but it is highly recommended for security and other reasons. If traveling by land or sea without a US passport you must have a birth certificate or other proof of U.S. citizenship and proper ID and be prepared for a potentially longer stay at the Customs Desk.
How are passport photos different from regular photos?
There are many requirements when taking a passport photo. You should not risk having your passport processing be delayed because of your passport photo. It is best to have an official photo taken. Many post offices can provide this service for you.
How old must you be to possess a passport?
All U.S. citizens (including infants) must possess their own valid passport when traveling internationally. Parents may sign for a child who is too young to sign their own name by signing their name and their relationship to the child. Only a mother, father or legal guardian can fill out, sign and submit passport documentation for children under 13. Remember that the child must be present at the passport acceptance agent location with current ID.
What is a passport authorization letter?
A signed passport authorization allows Express Passport to represent you at the Passport Agency and process your passport documents
How do I change my name for a marriage or divorce?

If your current passport is within one year of issue, you can submit a DS-5504 application along with the passport to be replaced, the appropriate documentation supporting the change and two new photos. If it is more than one year since the date of issue, you must submit using the DS-82 application form (or DS-11, if appropriate), and follow the appropriate procedures.

NOTE: In both cases, original certified documentation of your name change will be required. (e.g., state marriage certificate, divorce decree with your new name, etc.) All original documents are returned with your new passport.

Do you guarantee your service?
We guarantee all information offered regarding the passport application process. We guarantee to receive and submit all applications in the time frame selected, and pending release from the State Department, we will Federal Express the completed product back to you and provide tracking information throughout the process. We are NOT the State Department and do not have ANY say over whether your passport is eligible for issuance or renewal. We will relay any information released regarding the status of your application, request for additional documentation, suspension notices or all other correspondence from the State Department immediately and directly to the applicant to complete this process as soon as possible.
What do I do if I owe back child support?

If you owe $2,500 or more in child support, you are not eligible to receive a U.S. passport.

You should make arrangements to pay the state where child support is owed BEFORE you submit your application for a U.S. passport. All questions about your child support arrears or the status of a payment should be directed to the appropriate state child support enforcement agency.

Once payment is arranged, it may take 2-3 weeks before Passport Services is permitted to process your application. See details of this process in the chart IMPORTANT NOTES:

Passport Services has no information concerning individuals' child support obligations and has no authority to take action until HHS removes your name from its list.

What if my Driver License was issued less than 6 months ago or I don't have one?

If you cannot present primary identification, you must submit as much secondary identification as possible.

A Combination of Identifying Documents

Present a combination of documents that can be used to verify your personal identity. These documents are not acceptable as secondary identification when presented alone.

Example: Social Security Card + Credit Card + Employee ID + Library Card

An Identifying Witness
An identifying witness is a person who can swear to your identity. He or shemust:

Be present at the time of application
Have known you for at least 2 years
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Have valid ID
Fill out Form DS-71: Affidavit of Identifying Witness in the presence of a Passport Agent